On Friday, Joel Ward signed a 3-year contact with the San Jose...
Key Games for the 2013-2014 Season
Caps fans unleash the fury (Caps Outsider)
The NHL Schedule came out shortly after the NHL agreed upon letting NHL players play in the Olympics. The NHL has a 17 game break for the Olympics that are going to be played in Sochi, Russia.
The Capitals are in the Metropolitan Division with the following teams: New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, Columbus Blue Jackets, and the Carolina Hurricanes. They will play each of those teams 4 times, 2 at home and two at each opposing team’s home arena.
The Capitals will also play teams from the Atlantic Division three times which consist of the Detroit Redwings, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabers, Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Florida Panthers. The Capitals will also play all the teams from the Central and the Pacific Division two times each with a home and away game with each of those teams.
Key dates for the Capitals:
- October 1st at Blackhawks – Capitals opening game (Blackhawks raise their banner)
- October 3rd vs. Flames – Capitals home opener
- October 16th vs. Rangers- Capitals first meeting with the team that eliminated them from the playoffs in 2012-2013
- October 22nd-28th- Capitals’ first west Coast trip
- February 8th vs. Devils- Capitals’ last game before Olympic break
- February 28th at Panthers- Capitals’ first game after Olympic break
- March 8th vs. Coyotes- Mike Ribero’s return against the Capitals
- April 13th vs. Lightning- Capitals’ last home game
The full schedule can be seen here: