The Gladiators entered the Coliseum, got their hockey pants kicked, and left...
A History of Nicklas Backstrom’s Four-Assist Games
Nicklas Backstrom put up his 10th career four-assist game Saturday as the Caps defeated Tampa Bay, 5-3. It was the first time since Dec. 20, 2013 for Backstrom, who now has 54 assists on the season and is second in the league. It was also Backstrom’s third four-assist game against the Lightning.
Here is a timeline of Backstrom’s four assist-games.
- Jan. 19, 2008. Caps beat Florida, 5-3 for Backstrom’s first career Backtrick.
- Jan. 21, 2008. Caps beat Pittsburgh, 6-5 in a shootout. With another four assists, Backstrom became the first rookie to post back-to-back four assists games in the NHL. Suck it, Wayne Gretzky.
- Nov. 15, 2008. Backstrom had a career-high five points with a goal and four assists, but the Caps lost 6-5 to New Jersey in a shootout.
- Dec. 5, 2009. Backstrom had another five-point game in an 8-2 win over Philadelphia.
- Feb. 4, 2010. Backstrom with yet another five-point game in a 6-5 win over the Rangers.
- Nov. 11, 2010. Backstrom with four assists in a 6-3 win against Tampa Bay.
- April 2, 2013. Backstrom with four assists in a 5-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes. Backstrom also earned his 400th career point.
- Dec. 10, 2013. Backstrom with a goal and four assists in a 6-5 shootout win vs. Tampa Bay
- Dec. 20, 2013. Backstrom with four assists in a 4-2 win against Carolina.
- March 18, 2017. Backstrom with four assists – three to T.J. Oshie – in 5-3 win in Tampa Bay.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) March 19, 2017