Hershey first plays at the Giant Center October 24
Day 1 of Caps Development Camp: Nathan Walker is Very Australian
2014 draft pick Nathan Walker talks with one of the assistant coaches at the Washington Capitals’ annual development camp. Photos by Alena Schwarz
Not a whole lot happened in the morning sessions on day one of the Washington Capitals’ annual development camp, but here are the highlights:
- The players were given plenty of new skating tips and ran lots of drills, as is to be expected during a development camp where they are expected to develop their skills.
- It was 2 a.m. in Australia when Nathan Walker was drafted, and yes, he was watching a live stream.
- The day after Walker was drafted, he was not on the cover of his hometown newspaper. In fact, he didn’t think he was in there at all. Apparently hockey isn’t all that popular in Australia.
- Walker doesn’t mind if people ask him if he has a pet kangaroo.
- Thanks to playing hockey in the Czech Republic, Walker is bilingual and has been talking in Czech to Vrana.
Those were the biggest highlights from Day 1, here are a couple photos of the action to hold you over until tomorrow.