The Washington Capitals Fan Club is selling autographed Christmas ornaments to fans,...
Caps Fans’ Playoff Checklist
Michelle D. and Christie are playoff ready.
After Saturday night’s comeback win over the Bruins, the Caps proved that they are ready for their first playoff series against the Rangers. Are you? If you are fortunate enough to get tickets to one of the games, the fine folks at the Verizon Center will make sure that your playoff game experience is fun, exciting and memorable. But if you’re watching from home, here are some things you can do to prepared and be totally playoff ready.
- Invite friends to watch the game. The more people to cheer the more exciting it will be.
- Make sure that your Caps apparel is washed and ready. Jerseys, t-shirts or sweatshirts probably haven’t been laundered since opening day. Now would be a good time, especially if people are coming over.
- Decorate your house with every piece of Caps memorabilia that you have. In this case, less is not more. Do it up big—the more, the better.
- Be sure to stock up on plenty of snacks. Time to make a Costco run. Chips and dip are always a fav, as well as turkey and Swiss roll-ups and mini tacos. If you happen to buy M&M’s, be sure not to eat the red ones. It would be a sacrilege.
- Beer, beer and more beer. You know what you and your friends like—just make sure you have plenty of it, and it’s ice cold.
- To feel like you’re part of the team, you can grow a playoff beard. This is for guys only—hopefully. Ladies, stick to wearing jerseys and cheering loudly.
- Be sure to have a copy of Joe B. and Locker’s glossary and a pencil handy. You never know when you might need clarification or you might want to add to the list. I’m sure the guys will come up with some new and interesting stuff for the playoffs.
So, if you are watching from home you will be ready to cheer on the Caps. You don’t have to be at the games to Rock the Red in style.