The Hershey Bears scored seven unanswered goals in the second and third...
A History of Nicklas Backstrom’s Four-Assist Games
Photo by Alena Schwarz
Nicklas Backstrom notched his seventh-career ‘Backtrick’ on Tuesday, assisting on four goals in the Caps’ 5-3 victory against Carolina.
What is a Backtrick? Not three, but four assists. Because it can be anything we want it to be while making up words.
It was his first four-assist game since 11/11/2010. Here is a breakdown of each Backtrick game.
- Jan. 19, 2008. Caps beat Florida, 5-3 for Backstrom’s first career Backtrick.
- Jan. 21, 2008. Caps beat Pittsburgh, 6-5 in a shootout. With another four assists, Backstrom became the first rookie to post back-to-back four assists games in the NHL. Suck it, Wayne Gretzky.
- Nov. 15, 2008. Backstrom had a career-high five points with a goal and four assists, but the Caps lost 6-5 to New Jersey in a shootout.
- Dec. 5, 2009. Backstrom had another five-point game in an 8-2 win over Philadelphia.
- Feb. 4, 2010. Backstrom with yet another five-point game in a 6-5 win over the Rangers.
- Nov. 11, 2010. Backstrom with four assists in a 6-3 win against Tampa Bay.
- April 2, 2013. Backstrom with four assists in a 5-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes. Backstrom also earned his 400th career point.
— John Carlson (@JohnCarlson74) April 3, 2013
— Steven Oleksy (@StevenOleksy) April 3, 2013
Prior to Tuesday, it had been a long time since we saw a Backtrick. We have one thing to thank: