For those of you who have been checking in on the “Movembears”...
Nine Things You Need to Know: Training Camp Day 2
Posted September 18, 2011
With the boys back in D.C., here’s what happened on day two of training camp:
- Joel Ward had a hard time keeping up with linemates Chris Bourque and Mathieu Perreault. Then again, he does have about half a foot on both of them.
- The reason for Michal Neuvirth‘s change in pads color is merely because he “wants to rock the red.”
- Alexander Semin doled out a lot of hugs today. He also gave a rare all-English interview. Could the world be ending?
- Dmitri Orlov has been separated from the rest of the Russian herd. While Group A was practicing, he was lurking around the rink watching. Separation anxiety must be kicking in.
- Once again, John Erskine was wearing the orange, semi-contact jersey. He is still not cleared for hard contact, but he is no longer in a protective bubble.
- Speaking of orange, Cody Eakin was assigned to the green-jerseyed line. The only way he could have been fit with a worse line color is if he was wearing the aforementioned orange jersey.
- Bourque, Perreault and Francois Bouchard are very happy to be reunited. With Bourque back with the Caps, Perreault is no longer the shortest player on the team.
- While those three have been reunited, John Carlson and Karl Alzner are in different groups. So far they have not completely self destructed from separation, but it is unknown how long they will be able to last away from one another. Carlson was also lurking around Group A’s practice.
- With all the testing done, the boys were finally able to have some fun. They’re definitely happy to be back.