Joe Devin doing what he does best – score game winners (via...
Six Things to Know From Day 2 of Development Camp
While it was boiling hot outside, it was nice and cool inside Kettler as Day 2 of Development Camp kicked off. Because five is just too standard, here are the six things you should know from today’s camp:
1. Joel Ward chose to come to Washington because the Caps win. And the only person he’s met so far is John Carlson, who must be suffering from Karl Alzner separation anxiety since he’s hung out at Development Camp all week.
2. For the second day in a row, Greg Burke wore the gold, no-contact jersey. He didn’t participate in the 5-on-5 drills, but participated in all the other ones.
3. At the end of Group B’s ice session, Bruce Boudreau attempted to kill off the weakling players. He forced them to do four rounds of start-stop drills. Luckily, all the players came out alive.
4. Turns out Garett Mitchell wasn’t so pleased with Andrew Gordon‘s comments yesterday. (“to all #caps fans, take care of my twin brother @Mitchy1_0 this week in DC. If he is like me he will be at 4-5 more summer camps. #rookie“). Mitchell wanted to set the record straight that he intends to, at least, make it on the Hershey roster this season.
5. At last year’s DC adventure, Mitchell and Eakin learned that White House security guards mean business. According to Mitchell, he and Eakin were climbing on the fence and a guard came over with a machine gun to scare them off. Lesson learned, boys, welcome to D.C.
6. Patrick Koudys did, in fact, rub it in his father’s face that he was drafted seven rounds earlier.
He’s obviously thrilled that I got drafted as high as I did and then obviously to Washington, a great team, but I was on his case for a little bit after the draft, kinda sayin,’ ‘Hey, I beat you,’ and stuff, and it’s fun. He’s helped me a lot throughout my career and it’s nice that he was drafted and I was drafted and we can kind of understand how it works and that experience. – Koudys