More new t-shirt designs are available for some of the Caps' biggest...
A Year of Awesomeness in Blogging
Capitals Outsider would like to take this opportunity to pat the Caps blogosphere on the back, including ourselves, and give out awards for Excellence in Caps Blogging with the 2010 Cappies.
We would also like to thank several bloggers for their continued support, including Adam and Zach Best at Fansided, D.C. Pro Sports Report, J.P. at Japer’s Rink, Mike Hoffman at Examiner.com, Abram, Dan and Paul at DC Sports Box, Greg Wyshynski at Yahoo, Dan Steinberg at The Post, Daniel Victor at TBD.com, the stooges at Gunaxin, Keara Dowd who joined our staff, casting queen Suzanne Kang, CapsSnaps, Caps in Pictures, and Cheryl Nichols for photos, everyone on our blogroll, our Twitter followers, and the couple dozen people who actually like us on Facebook (hint hint). Also we want to give a special thanks to Ted Leonsis and Nate Ewell for making the Capitals the most media-accessible team in the NHL.
Before we get to the Cappie Awards, Capitals Outsider will narcissistically look back at its own greatest hits of 2010.
- Odd Caps Items for Sale
- 80s and 90s Capitals Rookie Cards
- Worst Caps Merchandise Ever
- Washington Capitals Toilet Seat Cover
- About Those Capitals Bobbleheads
- Film Your Friends With the Capitals Flip Video
- Going to a Caps Game? Dress Warmly
- Caps Toast and More Odd Things for Sale
- Avoid Getting Sick at the Caps Game With…
- Capstronaut – Taking Off
- D.C. Eliminates Street Parking for Capitals Games
- Fan’s Guide to Attending a Caps Game
- Fan Appreciation Photos
- Ticket Scalpers at Verizon Center
- Christmas With the Caps and Pens
- Miss Va. 2010 Hangs With Gunaxin at Caps Game
- Adventures in Filming an NHL Geico Commercial
- About Those New Interactive Games…
- Broomball at the Verizon Center
- Boudreau Responds to Cherry
- Milbury and McGuire : Tender Moments
- A Tribute to Tarik el-Bashir
- Worse Fake Tweets Mike Wise Could Have Sent
- Review: The Ovechkin Project
- How the Caps Blogosphere Spent Its Summer Vacation
- CSN Adds Virtual Advertising
- If Chad Dukes Ranted on Friday’s Loss
- The Power of the Stache
- Checking in With Hendricks’ Mustache
- Checking in with Chimera’s Mustache
- Checking in with Alzner’s Mustache
Alex OvechkinMatt Bradley vs. Steve Downie
- Who is the Best Fighter in Capitals History?
- The Capitals Fight Card
- Fighting… With George McPhee
- Fighting With… Alan May
- The Case for D.J. King
- Alex Ovechkin vs. Brandon Dubinsky
Players, Coaches and Front Office
- Ovechkin Wants to Give Fans Free Chicken Wings
- Ovechkin’s Ten Memorable Moments of the 09-10 Regular Season
- 2010-11 Predictions for Ovechkin
- Ovechkin and Backstrom Shooting Hoops
- Whose Commercials Are Funnier? Bruce or Ovie’s?
- Funny Moment at Boudreau’s Press Conference
- Ted Leonsis on Gunaxin
- Peter Bondra on The Winter Classic Alumni Game
- Sign Petition to Get Brooks Laich on Twitter!
- Goats That Knuble Can Sacrifice
- The Ballad of George McPhee
- The Caps’ Christmas Gift Wishes
- Wizards’ Yi Meets Caps
- Ten Ways Beer League Hockey Is Harder Than the NHL
- Which NHL Player Would You Want to Punch in the Face?
- Great Moments in NHL Kisses
- People Who Look Like Atlanta Coach Craig Ramsay
- Nyjer Morgan – Hockey Star
- What Is the Worst Moment in Capitals’ History?
- What Is the Best Moment in Capitals’ History?
- Remembering John Kordic
- The Capitals Dream Team
- A Tribute to Dino Ciccarelli
- Free Pucks, Sticks, Burgers and Pizza
- Know Your Caps? 20 ‘Who Are They’ Questions?
Poll of the Year Influenced by Ovechkin
The Cappies are awards presented by Capitals Outsider for excellence in independent blogging on the Capitals.
The Capitals Blogger of the Year goes to…
Neil Greenberg, of Russian Machine Never Breaks and Capitals Insider2. He also won the Capitals Outsider Blogger of the Summer award.
The Cappie for Best Caps-Related Video goes to Peter Hassett, also of Russian Machine Never Breaks, for his efforts in creating this video and his 24/7 song recaps.
The Cappie for Caps Blog Name of the Year goes to Kings of Leonsis.
The Cappie for Most Despised Media Member goes to… by golly it’s a tie! Mike Milbury and Damien Cox.
The Cappie for Most Likable Media Member goes to Ted Starkey of The Washington Times (yes, it still exists). Runner up goes to Dan Steinberg of The Post, who has one of the best jobs in journalism.
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2010 Cappies.