Series moves back to Toledo as Stingrays still lead series, 3-2.
The Caps’ Christmas Gift Wishes
For hockey players, Christmas wishes typically don’t come true until they’re back on the ice. Here is Capitals Outsider’s hunch on what the guys are hoping for this holiday season.
(Note that some of these are pretty lame and we’re highly aware.)
- Mathieu Perreault: A goal a game instead of two every 6 or 7 games
- John Carlson: The Calder Memorial Trophy
- Jeff Schultz: A bionic thumb
- Tom Poti: He’s a Yankees fan despite being from the Boston area. He doesn’t get a Christmas wish.
- Tyler Sloan: A Winter Classic jersey
- David Steckel: That coveted second line center position
- Alexander Semin: A new longterm contract for 8-9 mil a year. Hahaha.
- Michal Neuvirth: The #1 spot
- Semyon Varlamov: The #1 spot
- Jason Chimera: More HBO screen time after stealing the show in Ep. 2
- Matt Bradley: A Gordie Howe Hat Trick (he always comes SO CLOSE)
- John Erskine: To not be known as the Caps’ sixth defender
- Matt Hendricks: Eye white
- Brooks Laich: Another shot at Sportsman of the Year
- DJ King: To play hockey
- Scott Hannan: a +1
- Mike Knuble: His name on the Stanley Cup for a team that suited him up in the Finals
- Eric Fehr: Consistent linemates
- Alex Ovechkin: Voucher for a home power play goal
- Karl Alzner: More Twitter followers than Carlson
- Boyd Gordon: To be known again as the guy the Caps always win with
- Mike Green: He already has slippers and a scooter. What else does he need?
- Jay Beagle: To be spared from rookie hazing before being demoted
- Marcus Johansson:
A kiss from a teammate
- Nicklas Backstrom: To assist on Ovie’s PP goal
- Andrew Gordon: A permanent home in DC